Sunday, September 16, 2012

Review: Plants Vs. Zombies - Gambling Edition

Plants Vs. Zombies has to be my favorite "casual" game, which always seemed like an odd choice of words. Plenty of games are essentially casual. I mean, who really sat down to tackle the plot of GTAIII? I'm pretty sure most gamers, hardcore to not, just screwed around driving off ramps and into pedestrians a couple hours at a time. That sort of violence took way less patience and skill than PVZ. Thankfully, after playing the DS, Xbox 360, and PC versions, I've found the most casual form of Plants Vs. Zombies: The Lottery Ticket.


Running a buck a play this is a nice, quick version of Plants Vs. Zombies. Except without the strategy. Or fun.

At least the controller is easy to handle.

As you can see, I played the New Hampshire edition of the ticket. Average playtime ran about 34 seconds (unless you count side missions, like scratching off the entire ticket).
I stuck to the core storyline.

Odds of replay are pretty decent, somewhere in the 1:7.5 range. Would I recommend buying this game? Absolutely. Just don't scratch off any pictures. They look better than the little pixel versions underneath. Or don't. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment