Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Playable Characters: Borderlands Psycho Bandit Figure

I consider myself a lucky individual when my wife hands me an action figure on my birthday, particularly an action figure from one of my favorite games. I've already received an Ezio from Assassin's Creed, now he's got a pal. A Psycho Bandit pal, but still a pal. Pics after the jump.




NECA Toys announced the Psycho Bandit from Borderlands fame awhile ago, and it flew under my radar after it finally released back in May 2012. Jen must have gotten the hint that I was looking forward to adding this to my collection.

"OhmygodohmygodIneedit!"

After peeling the figure out of the packaging I got an even better peek at the paint job on the Psycho. While more subtle than in the game, the figure still maintains the cel-shaded look. I dare say this 3D version is prettier than the in-game model.

What a cutie.

I've admired NECA's past works from the aforementioned Assassin's Creed figures to the Gears of War COG soldiers and the Big Daddies of Bioshock. The Psycho Bandit's simple yet bold details blow the rest out of the water. Check out some of the close-ups below.


And the blade spins, too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment